Indonesia is a popular travel destination for people all over the world. The beautiful beaches, rich culture and delicious food make it a perfect place to spend your holiday. However, before you plan your trip, it is important to know the current visa regulations for Indonesia. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding Visa on Arrival for Indonesia in April 2022.
What is Visa on Arrival?
Visa on Arrival is a type of visa that is issued to travelers upon their arrival in Indonesia. This visa is valid for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days. Visa on Arrival can only be used for tourism, family visits, and social visits, not for business purposes.
Eligible Countries for Visa on Arrival
There are currently 68 countries that are eligible for Visa on Arrival in Indonesia. Some of them are: Australia, Canada, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, South Korea, United States, United Kingdom.
Requirements for Visa on Arrival
Before you arrive in Indonesia, you must make sure you have the following requirements:
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date of entry
- A return ticket or an onward ticket to another country
- A valid payment method to pay for the visa fee (USD 35)
- Affordable accommodation arrangements during your stay in Indonesia
How to Obtain Visa on Arrival in Indonesia
Once you arrive in Indonesia, you can proceed to the Visa on Arrival counter at the airport. You will need to fill in the visa application form, pay the visa fee, and provide the immigration officer with your passport and other required documents. After the visa is issued, you can proceed to the immigration counter and get your passport stamped.
Extension of Visa on Arrival
If you wish to extend your stay in Indonesia beyond 30 days, you can apply for an extension at the local immigration office. You will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date of entry
- A copy of your return or onward ticket
- A valid payment method to pay for the extension fee (IDR 500,000 for 30 days)
- A valid reason for the extension
Here are some important things you should know about Visa on Arrival in Indonesia:
- Visa on Arrival is valid for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days.
- Visa on Arrival can only be used for tourism, family visits, and social visits.
- You must have a passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date of entry.
- You must have a return or onward ticket to another country.
- You must have a valid payment method to pay for the visa fee (USD 35).
Visa on Arrival is a convenient option for travelers who are planning to visit Indonesia for a short period of time. However, it is important to make sure you have all the necessary requirements and documents before you arrive. By following the guidelines provided in this article, you can ensure a hassle-free travel experience in Indonesia.