Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan, has become one of the most popular destinations for Indonesian tourists. The city offers various attractions, from stunning skyscrapers to delicious street food. However, before you can visit Taipei, you need to obtain a visa first. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about Taipei visa for Indonesian citizens.
Types of Taipei Visa for Indonesian Citizens
There are two types of Taipei visa that Indonesian citizens can apply for:
- Tourist visa (multiple-entry): This type of visa is valid for up to 90 days and allows you to enter and exit Taiwan as many times as you want during the validity period.
- Business visa (multiple-entry): This type of visa is for business purposes and is also valid for up to 90 days. It allows you to enter and exit Taiwan as many times as you want during the validity period.
Requirements for Taipei Visa Application
To apply for Taipei visa, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry to Taiwan.
- Visa application form: You can download the visa application form from the website of the Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta.
- Passport photo: You need to submit one passport photo taken within the last six months.
- Flight itinerary: You need to provide a copy of your flight itinerary showing the date of departure and return.
- Hotel reservation: You need to provide a copy of your hotel reservation in Taipei.
- Bank statement: You need to provide a copy of your bank statement showing your financial ability to cover the expenses during your stay in Taipei.
- Invitation letter (for business visa only): If you apply for a business visa, you need to provide an invitation letter from the company or organization in Taiwan that you will be visiting.
Steps to Apply for Taipei Visa for Indonesian Citizens
Here are the steps to apply for Taipei visa:
- Download the visa application form from the website of the Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta.
- Fill out the form completely and accurately.
- Prepare the required documents as mentioned above.
- Submit your application and documents to the Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta or to the designated visa application center.
- Pay the visa fee (around IDR 1,000,000 for tourist visa and IDR 1,500,000 for business visa).
- Wait for the visa processing time (usually around five working days).
- Collect your passport and visa at the Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta or at the designated visa application center.
Tips for Applying Taipei Visa for Indonesian Citizens
Here are some tips for applying Taipei visa:
- Apply for the visa at least four weeks before your departure date.
- Make sure your passport has at least two blank pages for the visa and entry stamp.
- Provide accurate and complete information on the visa application form.
- Double-check all the required documents before submitting your application.
- Bring extra cash in case you need to pay additional fees.
Obtaining Taipei visa for Indonesian citizens may seem daunting, but if you follow the steps and prepare the required documents carefully, you should be able to get your visa without much hassle. Taipei is a fascinating city that offers a unique blend of modern and traditional culture, and we hope this article will help you plan your trip to Taipei.