Are you planning to marry a UK citizen and move to the UK? If so, you’ll need a fiance visa. This visa allows you to enter the UK to marry your UK partner and settle in the country. However, obtaining a fiance visa isn’t easy. There are strict requirements you need to meet. In this article, we’ll explain everything you need to know about fiance visa requirements UK.
Who Can Apply for a Fiance Visa?
Before applying for a fiance visa, you need to make sure you’re eligible. Here are the main requirements:
- You and your partner must be 18 or over
- You must have met each other in person
- You must intend to marry within 6 months of entering the UK
- You must have enough money to support yourselves without recourse to public funds
- You must have suitable accommodation to live in when you arrive in the UK
One of the most challenging requirements for many couples is the financial requirement. To be eligible for a fiance visa, you must prove that you have enough money to support yourselves without relying on public funds. The amount you need to show depends on your circumstances.
If your UK partner is working, you need to show that they earn at least £18,600 per year. If they have dependants, the amount increases. If your partner doesn’t earn enough, you can also use savings or assets to meet the requirement. You need to have at least £62,500 in savings to use this option.
English Language Requirement
Another requirement you need to meet is the English language requirement. You need to prove that you can speak, read, write, and understand English to an acceptable level. There are several ways to meet this requirement:
- Pass an approved English language test
- Have a degree taught in English
- Be a national of a majority English-speaking country
When applying for a fiance visa, you need to submit several documents to prove your eligibility. These include:
- Passport or travel document
- Proof of your relationship with your UK partner
- Proof of your intention to marry within 6 months of entering the UK
- Proof of your accommodation in the UK
- Proof of your finances
- Proof of your knowledge of English
The application process for a fiance visa can be complex and time-consuming. Here are the main steps:
- Complete the online application form
- Pay the application fee
- Book an appointment at a visa application center
- Attend the appointment and submit your documents
- Wait for a decision on your application
How Long Does It Take to Get a Fiance Visa?
The processing time for a fiance visa varies depending on your circumstances and where you apply from. In general, it takes around 12 weeks to get a decision. However, it can take longer if your application is complex or if you need to provide additional information.
Obtaining a fiance visa can be a complicated and time-consuming process, but it’s worth it if you want to marry your UK partner and settle in the country. Make sure you meet all the requirements and have all the necessary documents before applying. Good luck!